Thursday, December 22, 2005

Today is my birthday!

Friends and family took me to K1 Speedway. If in San Diego you should check it out. One of the best things about being an entrepreneur is that you can take time when you choose to. So today we raced.

A smart businessman said to me once, "Your goal as a entrepreneur is to replace yourself everyday." To take it a step further, you need to get rid of daily repeatable tasks. You need to focus on those things that are your strengths and that are unique to you, your value. This value is what makes your company different. It is tough to look at yourself and say that someone else can do this better than me. If they can do 90% of what you consider perfect, that is an "A" and you need to get rid of it.

Sometimes I might seem little preachy... but I love to pass along good advice that has worked for me.

Cheers,
Mike

No comments: