Thursday, March 23, 2006

Clearing the Mind:

I just got back from a great vacation with my wife. It was a nice break from the hectic pattern of life. It was the equivalent of my mind letting out a big sigh and I realized that I really needed to take time to decompress.

Laying on a beach with nothing but blue water and the sun is the best medicine for clearing the brain. I think everyone will agree that once you do decompress it allows your mind to attack your problems from a new perspective. It frees you from some of the biases that could cloud your judgment. This allows you to create a new solution with true insight. Your mind sorts out what it needs and flushes everything else out. For me this happens in the background, without really thinking about it.

Many people talk about similar experiences when they do yoga or meditate. I often sit quite for a few minutes and try to let go of the world.

Cheers,
Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, a trip to the loo can sometimes be enough of a change of scene for me!

Chelsea said...

Yes, nothing like time on a beach to put a couple months worth of perpetual calm into your life.